For some reason, I always feel like a major event needs to happen in my life in order to blog.
I realized the other day that although I may bore people to death with regular day-to-day stuff, those little everyday things will be my favorite things to look back on years from now.
So.... here's a quick update on what we've been up to...
We had a fabulous Easter dinner with some friends!
There were only 6 of us, but we had enough food to feed a whole troop!!
We had quite the feast.... I'd be lying if I said I didn't have seconds and possibly thirds. :)
My mom gave me her famous carrot cake recipe... I was quite pleased with the way it turned out.
I must have asked AJ four different times if he thought my cake was pretty (why is it that girls need validation on things that guys don't care about)??
So.... here's a quick update on what we've been up to...
We had a fabulous Easter dinner with some friends!
There were only 6 of us, but we had enough food to feed a whole troop!!
We had quite the feast.... I'd be lying if I said I didn't have seconds and possibly thirds. :)
My mom gave me her famous carrot cake recipe... I was quite pleased with the way it turned out.
I must have asked AJ four different times if he thought my cake was pretty (why is it that girls need validation on things that guys don't care about)??
Happy Easter! :)
Unfortunately, I failed to get a picture of the group. If you can't tell, the food was our primary focus. I will do better next time!
Work has been going well lately. I have been taking on more and more Marketing/HR tasks which keeps me very busy. I consider myself really lucky to have a job that I enjoy! I feel like I have learned so much from having a full-time job in Boston, not only about the financial services world, but also about myself. I have loved meeting lots of different people and building relationships with people from all walks of life.
One of my co-workers and I have become really good friends--she is absolutely hilarious! When I first met her, I thought we had nothing in common (she was raised in Boston and has lived here her whole life, she does not affiliate with any religion but loves learning about all different religions, she is 33 and has three little boys, etc). The first thing that made me realize we will get along just fine is how food driven she is. She literally LOVES food and sweet things (just like me)! Her sweet tooth is actually a bit worse than mine but she is an insane runner which compensates for her over-consumption of food.
I have also learned how satisfying and tiring working full-time can be at the same time. There are days that I come home from work so excited about my job and the work that I get to do every day! There are also days I come home totally exhausted and still have a slew of things to get done (and I don't even have kids yet)!! Kudos to all the moms out there who have kids AND work full-time!
We had beautiful weather here in Boston yesterday!
AJ and I were able to get out for a few hours to help in a service project that the J. Reuben Clark Law Society participated in.
AJ loved it because he got to pull trees down and do "man stuff."
After that, I went for a run along the Charles River Esplanade, which is my new favorite place to run.
There are always so many people outside on the esplanade when the weather is nice--it's also nice to run alongside the water because it cools you down.
I finally joined the Instagram club (not sure why I didn't join earlier), so yesterday I took some pictures along the river.
Since the Boston marathon is tomorrow, there are A LOT of runners in Boston right now!
Unfortunately I don't have work off tomorrow to watch the Boston marathon, but a few co-workers and I are going to take a long lunch and walk to the finish line, which is only about a 20 minute walk from our office.
It is going to be C-R-A-Z-Y!!
Unfortunately, I failed to get a picture of the group. If you can't tell, the food was our primary focus. I will do better next time!
Work has been going well lately. I have been taking on more and more Marketing/HR tasks which keeps me very busy. I consider myself really lucky to have a job that I enjoy! I feel like I have learned so much from having a full-time job in Boston, not only about the financial services world, but also about myself. I have loved meeting lots of different people and building relationships with people from all walks of life.
One of my co-workers and I have become really good friends--she is absolutely hilarious! When I first met her, I thought we had nothing in common (she was raised in Boston and has lived here her whole life, she does not affiliate with any religion but loves learning about all different religions, she is 33 and has three little boys, etc). The first thing that made me realize we will get along just fine is how food driven she is. She literally LOVES food and sweet things (just like me)! Her sweet tooth is actually a bit worse than mine but she is an insane runner which compensates for her over-consumption of food.
I have also learned how satisfying and tiring working full-time can be at the same time. There are days that I come home from work so excited about my job and the work that I get to do every day! There are also days I come home totally exhausted and still have a slew of things to get done (and I don't even have kids yet)!! Kudos to all the moms out there who have kids AND work full-time!
We had beautiful weather here in Boston yesterday!
AJ and I were able to get out for a few hours to help in a service project that the J. Reuben Clark Law Society participated in.
AJ loved it because he got to pull trees down and do "man stuff."
After that, I went for a run along the Charles River Esplanade, which is my new favorite place to run.
There are always so many people outside on the esplanade when the weather is nice--it's also nice to run alongside the water because it cools you down.
I finally joined the Instagram club (not sure why I didn't join earlier), so yesterday I took some pictures along the river.
Since the Boston marathon is tomorrow, there are A LOT of runners in Boston right now!
Unfortunately I don't have work off tomorrow to watch the Boston marathon, but a few co-workers and I are going to take a long lunch and walk to the finish line, which is only about a 20 minute walk from our office.
It is going to be C-R-A-Z-Y!!



Brookie I love reading things about your day-to-day life out there in Boston! The cake looks gorgeous, but we all know you had plenty of practice:) Miss you guys!!
ReplyDeleteBrooke, love you and your posts, would love to see pictures of all your cute, wonderful, amazing, friends that you mention in your blog... Loves.
ReplyDeleteOh and the cake looks wonderful, you did such a great job on it...
ReplyDelete