This week I ordered and started reading NieNie's book Heaven is Here.
I was so excited to get it in the mail and start reading it!
This book has truly changed me.... I have been so much happier this week as a result of reading it.
It has given me a renewed perspective on life and I'm grateful for that.
This week I have felt overwhelmed with gratitude for my family and for a healthy body that can run and exercise.
I have always known that I wanted to be a mom and have always really looked forward to that chapter in my life, but this book has deepened my level of excitement for becoming a mother.
Basically.... NieNie is incredible. I love and admire her.
Favorite quotes from the book....
"The more I make the choice to see and feel joy, the more joy there is to see and feel."
"As the children drifted off, their little bodies were so relaxed and still, they seemed to radiate an almost tangible peace. I imagined the wonderful dreams that awaited them. Claire would be creating her own little book of stories and pictures that only her brilliant imagination could dream up, Jane would dream of organizing some sort of neighborhood trampoline extravaganza, Ollie's dreams would find him flying a fighter jet that turned into a motorcycle that turned into a boat that turned into a spaceship, and Nicholas, baby Nicholas, would be dreaming of a delicious meal of big, milky boobs."
"The more I make the choice to see and feel joy, the more joy there is to see and feel."
"As the children drifted off, their little bodies were so relaxed and still, they seemed to radiate an almost tangible peace. I imagined the wonderful dreams that awaited them. Claire would be creating her own little book of stories and pictures that only her brilliant imagination could dream up, Jane would dream of organizing some sort of neighborhood trampoline extravaganza, Ollie's dreams would find him flying a fighter jet that turned into a motorcycle that turned into a boat that turned into a spaceship, and Nicholas, baby Nicholas, would be dreaming of a delicious meal of big, milky boobs."
"Provo (Utah) has always been home to me in the most robust, complete sense of the word. I was born and raised there and married there too.... the mountains and the canyons were truly a part of me. As we packed up our house, I dreaded the homesickness I knew awaited me, but I also looked forward to the adventure of living across the country. Living in New Jersey made me tougher and more tolerant."
(I included this quote because I loved how connected I felt to NieNie as I was reading about her experience of living on the East Coast... it was fun being able to relate to her in that way).
"I sobbed silently while my adorable, grown-up six-year-old described her class and her teacher, her new friends and her favorite game at recess. When Claire handed the phone to Jane, I heard her say, 'Mom's voice sounds funny, but it's really her. Oh, and she's crying.'"
"I do think that insofar as heaven is a joyful place filled with people you love, and where you feel peaceful and genuinely happy, then it's true. Heaven is right here."
On Wednesday, I walked into work and found a surprise on my desk!
A few of my co-workers surprised me with flowers and a card since it was "Administrative Professionals' Day"!!
Who knew?!
It was really sweet. I have great co-workers.
Gotta love the diet coke on my desk.... If you were to take a random picture of my desk at any point during the day, 90% of the pictures would include a Diet Coke. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment