Saturday, March 3, 2012

Time Flies!!

Exactly six months ago, AJ and I had just moved into our apartment here in Boston. 
It's hard to believe we have lived here that long... time sure flies!! 

I remember feeling like the first three weeks living here were the longest three weeks of my life. 
It's amazing when I look back and reflect on that time because I remember feeling so scared about being in a new place and worried about finding a job.

I don't think I have ever told anybody this, but the first night we got in
to Boston, AJ and I went to a restaurant named Polcari's and I can remember not even being able to keep it together--I was on the verge of tears the whole time we were at the restaurant and when we got to the car, I lost it and started crying. 
I felt completely overwhelmed and I missed my friends and family so much!! I couldn't seem to shake the constant feeling of "what have we gotten ourselves into?!"
I knew that we were embarking on an incredible journey and I knew it's where we were supposed to be, but those first few weeks were extremely difficult for me. 

It's amazing to think back on that time and see how far we've come. 
Of course we still miss friends and family back home, but the Lord has truly blessed us in more ways than we can count. He has truly been with us every step of the way.  I know without a doubt that I could not have gotten through the whole experience of moving to Boston without relying on the Lord. 

I remember expressing some of my biggest fears of moving to Boston with two really close friends in Orem. My biggest fears were not being able to make good friends in Boston, having creepy people follow me home from the bus station (sadly... this is true), and not being able to find a job quickly. 
I can't remember how many times I prayed to find peace and comfort with each of these fears. 
Looking back, I know my prayers were answered and I feel unbelievably blessed. 

I am always amazed with how well the Lord knows each of us individually. 
The Lord knew every single one of my fears and concerns with moving to Boston; He also knew what an incredible experience it would be for me and how much I would grow from it. 

There is a quote by Elder Paul Johnson of the Seventy that states, "If we approach adversities wisely, our hardest times can be times of greatest growth, which in turn can lead towards times of greatest happiness." This quote has given me a lot of comfort because I have seen how true this is in my own life.  

In summary, I am so grateful for the personal & unique way that the Lord answers each of our prayers.  I am extremely grateful to be at the point where I am today where I can look back on six months ago and see how far AJ and I have come and how much the Lord's hand has touched our lives. 

Lastly... I have really exciting news!! My best friend Michelle is going through the temple today and I could not be more excited and happy for her!!! :) I can't wait to see her on Thursday of this week and give her a big hug!

No comments:

Post a Comment