Today is a happy day for several reasons.
1. AJ and I are flying to Utah for my best friend Michelle's wedding!!!
I can't wait to see my family again!! It is such a treat to get to go home and visit friends & family. It means soo much more to me now after living so far away.
2. It's International Women's Day!! Who knew?! I sure didn't.
A guy that I work with is Russian and said "Happy International Women's Day" when I walked into work this morning. I was a little surprised, but flattered nonetheless.
I did a little research and found out that the focus of the celebrations on this day range from a celebration of respect, love, and appreciation towards women to a celebration for women's economic, political, and social achievements. It is supposedly a mixture of Valentine's Day and Mother's Day in many regions (apparently it's an official Russian holiday).
3. AJ found out that he is the new president of the J. Reuben Clark Law Society at Boston University!!! This is a group of LDS law students at BU (there are also a few students who aren't LDS too).
How it works is you have to get nominated by someone in the group to become president and then everyone votes for who they want to be president.
AJ is super excited about it and I'm really excited for him!
It will keep him busy during his 2nd year of law school since he will have to plan several types of events, set up networking opportunities, reach out to LDS students who have been accepted to BU, etc, but he is really looking forward to it!
Happy International Women's Day everyone!! :)
Nookie - you are loved!!
ReplyDelete