Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Baking Adventures

Like many other bakers, I get a little wrapped up in pumpkin during the fall months.  I can’t help it… I love everything with pumpkin in it!

Now, AJ isn’t much of a pumpkin fan…. Which is both good and bad for me! It’s good because it means more for me… and it’s bad for the exact same reason. :)

This past week I made  pumpkin chocolate chip bread and I was surprised at how good it turned out considering my oven doesn't even have a temperature gauge or thermometer!!! Yep that’s right…. I have to GUESS what temperature I think my oven is at whenever I use it.  (See below)  It gets really annoying because I have to check on everything I bake and cook every two minutes to make sure it's not burning.  Needless to say…. It makes baking very difficult!


 I was on Skype with my mom and brother earlier today and I was trying to show and explain to them how my stove consists of just knobs without temperature gauges and they got a real good laugh!!! My mom thought it was absolutely hilarious that I have to guess what temperature my oven is at! 


Since AJ doesn’t like pumpkin and I cannot afford to eat two whole loaves by myself, I took one of the loaves to work and everyone loved it! 


I think the bread was a success given the challenges I ran into! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment