Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How to spend my days...

So as many of you know, I have been unemployed for the last few weeks since we moved to Boston.  
Therefore, I have NEVER had to be so creative with how to use my time. 
Needless to say.... it can get pretty boring sometimes. (Not to suggest that Boston is boring--because it's FAR from boring, but I'm just used to being in school or working or both.)
All I can say is thank goodness for the library we have right around the corner from our apartment. Those of you who know me well know that I love to read. I have been spending a lot of my spare time reading..... so if anyone has any recommendations for good books to read, send them my way!

I've also been walking around our neighborhood a lot and discovering new things.... there are some really cute cafes and bakeries a few blocks away that I never noticed until a few days ago. 

You know it's pathetic when you have "get the mail" on your to-do list. 
Oh and one of the funniest things happened the other night when AJ was trying to help me brainstorm fun/new ways I can spend my days and he suggested looking through my "Tools and Techniques" cookbook and learning how to cut up an apple a different way or how to cut up a raw chicken. Haha  Besides the fact that this is something I would probably actually do, it's just ridiculous to think that even AJ is running out of new ideas for me. :)

I know the time will come when I look back at this time and wish I could go back and have so much time to myself, so I'm trying to enjoy it for a few more days while I still can.  I guess I'm just the type of person who really likes being busy and I'll probably always be that way.  




2 comments:

  1. Brooke, I'm just like you; I need to be kept busy. I hope you find new ways to cut apples :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! oh my goodness this is hilarious. i swear that is practically how my whole summer was. you could get into politics..? that's what i did. and you can read articles forever. good luck!!

    ReplyDelete