Sunday, September 18, 2011

Boston so far...

Wow.... where do I even begin?! 
Living in Boston has been quite an adventure so far! We have gotten to see some really cool things and eat some really delicious food so far! Let me just say.... the food here is AMAZING!! (Especially if you like Italian food and fresh seafood!)

So AJ has been REALLY busy with school, but we made it a goal to do something fun in Boston every weekend when he has some time.  Last weekend, we went to the North End of Boston (aka "Little Italy") and walked around.  We went to a place called Mike's Pasty which everyone in Boston knows about!! 
One word... Heaven. 
If you love desserts and especially pastries (like me) you will LOVE this place!! 
They are especially known for their "cannolies" which are basically like giant eclairs, but even better (if you can imagine.)

Mmmm....


This is what downtown Boston looks like at night! Pretty cool right?!


One of my favorite things to do is drive to church on Sundays because the drive is so beautiful! We drive all along the Charles River to get to church and it's really pretty! See for yourself!


One thing I really like about Boston is that there are always people outside! There are so many people that love to jog, walk, bike, etc.  It's very refreshing!


This past weekend, AJ and I drove out to Rockport, which is a little town in Massachusetts right along the coast of the Atlantic ocean.  The harbor there is really cool and there are so many cute little shops--I loved it! 



Does anyone recognize this red building?? Okay I probably wouldn't be able to either, BUT it's significant because it's in the movie "The Proposal." They actually filmed the movie here in Rockport (not actually in Alaska.) Cool right?

The apartment is still coming together.... pictures soon to come!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment