Monday, February 11, 2013

A Weekend with Nemo



Although I don’t usually enjoy being cooped up all weekend, I must say this past weekend was really enjoyable and cozy! 
Minus the fact that I was husband-less for a day and a half.   
I won’t go into too much detail because it still makes me angry to think about… but let’s just say the University of New Hampshire thought it would be a good idea to NOT cancel a law school competition on the day Nemo was supposed to hit.   
Nevermind that tons of students had to travel to NH from all over New England…. 
Nevermind that they all got stuck having to spend the night in a hotel on Friday night because they couldn’t get home!! 
Needless to say, I was happy to have my husband back on Saturday evening.   
He immediately resumed to his husband duties and shoveled out our car that had been completely covered in snow!! Or as he would say, he went right to work doing “man stuff.” 

 This is our back parking lot... it shows a progression of the storm.

 
This is our car 100% buried!!

 I also happened to catch my sweet husband in a noble deed helping the lady across the street shovel her car out.  I was a proud wife indeed.  And the bonus was that we benefited greatly from our neighbor’s delicious pumpkin bread.  

(In an attempt to not make me appear lazy, I must include the fact that we only own one shovel or else I would have been outside shoveling too.) :o)

I honestly couldn’t believe my eyes when I woke up on Saturday morning and saw over two feet of snow outside!! I was in awe.   
It was so beautiful and overwhelming all at once. 
The coolest part of it all for me was seeing everyone come outside on Saturday after it had stopped snowing and shovel together, walk around in the middle of the street since nobody was allowed to drive at this point, and just get to know their neighbors.  It’s fun to see communities come together and help each other out when things like this happen. 



 This is what our front door looked like while the storm was still going strong. 


 This is a view of our street... we apparently weren't the only ones with a buried car.

Since we were pretty much snowed in all weekend (our car was literally stuck in our parking lot due to a 6-foot wall of snow that our management company “tried” to plow), I was able to do plenty of baking, reading, cleaning and lounging.  I must say it was a very different weekend for me since I’m usually running around trying to get all of my errands done.  It was peaceful and calm… I loved it. 

Now it’s back to real life!

1 comment:

  1. Crazy snow! I am glad you ended up having a fun weekend! (I would have been mad about the competion too). Glad you guys stayed safe and warm :)

    ReplyDelete